+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Odes transmission trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Odes transmission trouble

well to start with I had a problem with the secondary not turning thought it was a wet belt /too much oil or something, spun it backwards a few times, cranked it and it worked fine put it back togeather, took machine to carolina adventure world for 3 day weekend worked perfect fo 11 miles , then I started hearing a clicking rubbing noise stopped and looked over machine nothing wrapped around anything but a lot of mud,got on main gravel road to parking lot about about 30mph and all Hell broke loose came to a grinding halt,trans oil going on ground from somewhere, no low or high gear wont go backwards past netural and clunks while rolling engine off had a guy on a700 grizzly tow me back to truck,only odes in the park broke"not a pretty site, glad i brought a back up plan, called my dealer in TN taking it back still under warranty 122 miles on machine, he said he would make a call and see what they are going to do, I hope all of the other machines are going better than mine,dosen't really make any sense I take extra good care of my machines.I will keep you all posted on my progress getting warranty repairs made, because I know this was not my fault, 2 months old talk about bad luck'

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mark, we are sorry you have had some issues with the old style unit. Unfortunately we were not apart of the old style, however, we will be glad to assist your dealer if he does need parts as we have them. We can also assist your dealer with any diagnostics. I am not sure if he is on our new dealer approved list, but we will be glad to assist and help any way we can. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    just wondering what do you mean by old machine. i thought he just got this machine not to long ago.with only 122miles i would think it was a newer unit or was it some dealers old inventory?i mean before you guys took over dist the odes brand.

Post Thanks / Like
    To clarify what I meant. We took over distribution for the factory, we did not take over the old distributors, (all 6-7). The old distributors are responsible for their warranties with their dealers still. This unit is ODES manufactured, but not under the ODES UTVS name or model, ie the "Dominator". We will however provide support and help with parts as needed because we support the ODES brand obviously. Parts were never really brought in from any of the old distributors, so this is why we offered our assistance. Many distributors were closing out there units at the end of last year which is why this is still "new" but not a "dominator" by ODES UTVS. I hope this clarifies. Let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes it does clarify the ques. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    So you are saying to me the owner of a broke 2011 Odes pro edition utv bought 2 months ago that shares the same engine trans body electronics and is identical to yours, with the exception of your addon's stickers,rear winch, electric bed,and a different windshield,that because your company SC worldwide have exclusive rights to import the brand, Odes and now to get parts dealears have to go through you to get their new units, or replacement warranty parts,just my thoughts kinda holding them over a barrel aren't you' I really don;t understand all the legal stuff I just want my utv repaired, as I am not A dealer, only a owner of this odes utv, IF I would have known this power struggle was going own before I bought my Odes I would have probaly bought something else,maybe I am jumping the gun and all this will get worked out'
    Last edited by MarkUtv; 03-08-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Sponsored Dealer kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    if i am understanding the situation correctly, you purchased a ODES 800 but not the Dominator version from "ODES UTVS". Mike can obviously sell all the parts to any odes customer, but if the unit was purchased from another supplier IE; icebear, roketa, or whomever, the unit will need to be warrantied through them. Odes can chime in on the situation but it would be my understanding that ODES China is going to warranty any containers that he has purchased. All other distributors that have purchased from ODES China and sold units, such as yours, can and should go back to them for your warranty. I understand about the dominator being the same machine and just some accessories, but the other distributors cant just call it quits and have mike take over all their own problems.. am i making any sense?
    Last edited by kelleymotorsports; 03-08-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes all other distributors are now unable to get the product and I have taken control of the brand. Your unit may have been purchased a year ago, before we took over, from another importer like Roketa, Icebear etc. However, no parts and service to dealers means no help to consumers. I was offering my assistance in case your dealer went to get warranty parts and could not, then I could assist with this process. I was trying to make sure you get taken care of.

The machine however was not just upgraded with accessories. Alot of motor internals were swapped to CanAm parts, transmission upgraded, shift drums, operational components beefed up, computer remapped, etc. Many improvements were made, I just want to make it clear we didn't just slap stickers on the machine as indicated below.

I'm trying to tell you that if you need assistance, we will help you through this process since we represent the factory now. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to clarify what year were the engine mods done(can am parts), 2011 or 2012 models or all dominators? Just want to know what is in mine. Mine is a dominator.

Post Thanks / Like
    All the dominator models have the internals upgraded

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by odesutvs View Post
    To clarify what I meant. We took over distribution for the factory, we did not take over the old distributors, (all 6-7). The old distributors are responsible for their warranties with their dealers still. This unit is ODES manufactured, but not under the ODES UTVS name or model, ie the "Dominator". We will however provide support and help with parts as needed because we support the ODES brand obviously. Parts were never really brought in from any of the old distributors, so this is why we offered our assistance. Many distributors were closing out there units at the end of last year which is why this is still "new" but not a "dominator" by ODES UTVS. I hope this clarifies. Let me know.
    For these reasons and very poor attitude displayed by killer motor sports I just could not see spending this kind of money only to have to pay more if something breaks or goes wrong. The ambiguity of parts availability killed the deal for me. There are a couple vendors here that are real solid guys that I would easily deal with, they just live too far from me and if my machine goes down it would be out for an extended period. I was really interested in the Odes but in the end went with a name brand because the cost was only slightly more, the dealer is 12 miles from me, the warranty is 3 years and parts are readily available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what Killer Motorsports had anything to do with the reply to my post. Also the comment about parts does not hold any merit considering the amount of parts we have in stock, unless you are talking about distributors from years past. However, you can't say you bought a brand name that came standard with a 3 year warranty, you would have had to purchase that separately, or they would have had to provide that to you separately. ODES can offer the same thing as can any off "brand" company can offer an extended warranty through extended contracts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just for the record, 1 in 3 brand new dominators have transmission issues and 1 in 2 have front brake issues. I would just not buy one of these to save 2k on a name brand. These are over priced for what you get. Not worth it at all.

I bought a 2012 dominator and have 2 miles on it and its sitting waiting for a new transmission that will cost 250 to 300 to have installed. Run very far away from these.

Side note, engine sounds good if you like just sitting in your garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kccobra View Post
    Just for the record, 1 in 3 brand new dominators have transmission issues and 1 in 2 have front brake issues. I would just not buy one of these to save 2k on a name brand. These are over priced for what you get. Not worth it at all.

I bought a 2012 dominator and have 2 miles on it and its sitting waiting for a new transmission that will cost 250 to 300 to have installed. Run very far away from these.

Side note, engine sounds good if you like just sitting in your garage.
    Hello: And welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Odes.
    Why if it only has 2 miles on it are you paying $250 to $300 to have it repaired?
    Isn't it a warranty issue?

BTW. I really think your numbers are over exaggerated!

Anyway Welcome to the forum!

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the form. would like more info from you. where did you buy from that you have to pay for trans work on a 2012? also where did these numbers your saying come from about bad trans? and where can i buy an 800cc vtwin loaded with everything for only 2K more then the odes? i think most big name machine will charge close to 1000.00$ just for freight and prep. plus 3k more for the machine at a minimum. just my 2 cent worth.

Sponsored Dealer
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must have had it dropped shipped not to get your labor covered-you shouldnt have to spend a dime. I know a dealer that has sold 7 or 8 (Kellymotorsports) I have sold 2, not a transmission issue in the bunch that I know of. I also think your exaggerating.

Redline Sport and Marine Inc.
    Sales, Parts, and Service-All Makes and Models
    906-563-1450 Norway MI 715-696-6789 Spread Eagle WI redline.motorsports@hotmail.com

Sponsored Dealer 231 Motorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow , that sounds like a bad deal, I would also like more info. I cannot say for the dealer you purchased from , but Most of the units we sell will have atleast one mile of "test" riding, before delivery. I have had one Odes with transmission issues , but my customer will not pay one cent to get these problems taken care of , and Odes sent me the parts to repair free of charge , under warranty , and in a very timely fashion. I don't expect any name brand to be better, under the circumstances.
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)683-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    we have no issues with any of our machines. we do however drop ALL fluids including transmission fluid. we had a customer that waited for 2 hrs for us to finish his machine and said he would change the fluids himself and it wasn't 20 minutes after he drove it home he called and said he had some transmission noise. we drove picked it up and changed the fluid and have heard nothing. i think this is a must for all machines not just the ODES. sorry you are having issues but you shouldnt be paying a dime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Efi about time View Post
    Welcome to the form. would like more info from you. where did you buy from that you have to pay for trans work on a 2012? also where did these numbers your saying come from about bad trans? and where can i buy an 800cc vtwin loaded with everything for only 2K more then the odes? i think most big name machine will charge close to 1000.00$ just for freight and prep. plus 3k more for the machine at a minimum. just my 2 cent worth.
    The numbers came from Matt at killermotorsports. Said there was a defect in the transmission and they are in the process of getting it resolved. Said that even if I put a new transmission in it, it might happen again till its fixed. He also stated that they tore the transmission completely apart and could not find a reason it would shrapnel like the do. I also had a guy call me and asked if I had a transmission issue because he also has an issue.... Weird.....

As for the brakes, they also have a recall or whatever you call it on them also. So I must have just been that unlucky? I am guessing not.

I will post pictures of both issues I have and people buying them can make their own call. I can only recommend not buying these. I only found this forum because I googled "odes transmission" and thats the issue I have.

So on the 800cc fully loaded utv, I dont know where to start. I am comparing apples to apples, not oranges. The build quality is not even close to a yamaha or polaris. These start rusting at the joints before you even get them. I will post pictures of that also. They are a cool looking utv, but that shouldnt have anything to do with you purchase.

Pictures coming of everything. I wont ever buy a chinese utv again. Thanks all for the welcome! Nice site here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelleymotorsports View Post
    we have no issues with any of our machines. we do however drop ALL fluids including transmission fluid. we had a customer that waited for 2 hrs for us to finish his machine and said he would change the fluids himself and it wasn't 20 minutes after he drove it home he called and said he had some transmission noise. we drove picked it up and changed the fluid and have heard nothing. i think this is a must for all machines not just the ODES. sorry you are having issues but you shouldnt be paying a dime.
    Hey Adam what fluid are you using in the Transmission?

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rod, I had asked Adam that very question a while ago and he told me he was using 75w-90 gear lube in the transmission, and both diffs, and 0w-40 4stroke in the engine.
    steve

Post Thanks / Like
    as steve said.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the Amsoil Chaincase oil in my Odes and Canam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are all these pics this fella earlier was talking about, his statement sound good but as a newbie everyone get a little defensive when you come on the board to complain and dis the product we own. Just saying its not good practice to complain and not follow through.
    800cc Hisun with 26" GBC Gators, 800cc Odes with 28" GBC Gators, 2 K&N Air Filters, rear window for Hisun, New Paint on the Odes, Walker Evans Shocks for Odes, Royal Purple in both, 2 K&N oil Filters, No problems , 1200 miles on both.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK guys I started this post with transmisson problems and I want you to know it's finally fixed with new transmisson it was a protype that china has been working on only had to wait 3 months wow' but my dealer showed me what they say is causing the grinding teeth sound the dogs on the small sliding gear are too small the new gear dogs ane about 1/16 inch larger and when slid togather has a tighter fit the lose fit was causing it to pop out of gear all was fixed under warranty no cost to me and i waited paitently so they thru in and electric dump, i dont really need one but you got to get something for your time '
    Last edited by MarkUtv; 06-25-2012 at 05:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread