Thread: Dust kit

Post Thanks / Like

Dust kit

After choking to death on every ride I just bought a dust kit from RydeOn they make them for our clones. Should be here next week. I'll let everyone know how it works out
    My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say that looks like nice stuff.
    The price is good also!

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered one last weekend from sidexsidesports. It hasn't come in yet, but I'm excited about it. I didn't know anyone made any for our clones.

I just looked at that site and what I ordered is not the same thing. I'm getting the plastic pieces that fill in the gaps.
    Last edited by civlized; 04-18-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    2011 Hisun 700 utv, black

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it looks like we get to see a comparison of the different manufactures!
    Sweet!

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Post Thanks / Like
    They have an install video on YouTube looks like a quality piece
    My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them

Post Thanks / Like
    Wondering about heat, will this keep the heat from escaping the motor as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saskman View Post
    Wondering about heat, will this keep the heat from escaping the motor as well?
    I wouldn't think so. With it being liquid cooled, it should be no problem. I added a lot of noise deadening material to my engine cover and have somewhat sealed it off with no noticable change in temperatures. I guess we'll see if this changes anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious to hear how the dust kit works. I am tired of getting dusted out too.
    2011 Supermach 500cc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine came in today. Here are the pieces. It, like everything else, is not a direct fit. On that note, I would rather have the other one from ryde on. This one is going to take longer to install but it should do the job.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Slayr, did you get your kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes got it installed on Friday took about 10 min to install. Really nice piece very well made. Didn't get a chance to go for ride yet but looking at it installed its going to work perfect. Will tack a few pics maybe tonight if it's not raining out

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayr View Post
    Yes got it installed on Friday took about 10 min to install. Really nice piece very well made. Didn't get a chance to go for ride yet but looking at it installed its going to work perfect. Will tack a few pics maybe tonight if it's not raining out
    Did you order one for the 2006 Rhino?

Post Thanks / Like
    No they make them for the Clone, go to the Rhino page to order and you get to choose for a couple of years for the rhino or for a clone

Post Thanks / Like
    Since this thread popped back up, I'll report what I've done. The long piece in the middle of the pic is mounted to the front of the bed. The two pieces with the little tabs in the top of the pic mount behind the engine to the back of the cab, one on each side. The big square piece in the lower left mounts inside the compartment under the seat, beside the engine. I have these pieces mounted. The smallest piece mounts behind the drivers seat, with a little trimming needed, and is not mounted yet. The last piece mounts between the two factory pieces between the seats. This piece DOES NOT FIT a clone. It is not modifiable to fit. Another piece will need to be fabbed to go here. However, I can tell you that I have seen quite a difference in the normal dust roll in the cab with the pieces I have installed. Nothing is going to keep you clean, but this is much better. Again, I would probably go with the rydeon piece for installation ease. I don't like the look of it the rydeon piece much, but the install would seal the deal for me. With the kit I bought, you really don't notice anything different, as far as looks. There will be some weather stripping added to the piece on the front of the bed. There is a little rattle coming from it at certain rpm's and I hate that kind of stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would the Ryde On dust kit for the RZR would work on the hisun 800's?

Post Thanks / Like
    NO It will not

Post Thanks / Like
    how does the rydeon kit work Slayr?

Post Thanks / Like
    The dust kit works awesome! Only problem I have found is the cvt air intake is in between the 2 pieces of the kit and is really putting alot of dust into the clutches. I'm adding a UNI CVT fliter to help keep it alittle cleaner in there

Post Thanks / Like
    Slayr, any idea if the Rydeon kit would work on the Odes 800?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea but send them an email from their web site and I'm sure they could answer that.